Introduction to Geography
Ghana, Akan, Kwawu, Obo
The maps on this site are designed to illustrate and enhance several other topics, notably history, land and settlement patterns, and locations. Together, they can be seen as a separate topic, but are best when used as references in conjuction with other pages.
- Mapa de Gana; This is an outline of the country of Ghana showing the location of Kwawu on it.
- Histórico Kwawu; Kwawu developed mainly on the escaprpment, but also had interesting events on the Afram Plains, north of the Excarpment
- Rotas de comércio; Wars and the expansion of the Akan, including Kwawu, was mainly about the acquisition and control of trading routes through the rainforest
- Esboço de Kwawu; The pie shaped distribution of lands around settlements applied to the whole of Kwau and is sketched here
- Geologia de Kwawu; A vertical cross section of the escarpment with the lowlands to the south and the Afram to the north
- Esboço de Obo; The map that I constructed in order to make a household survey of Obo
- Centro de Obo; The pie shaped land distribution pattern repeats itself in the old section of Obo focused on the chief's palace and the ancestral stool houses of the old matrilineages
- Padrões de assentamentos; A diagramme showing the origin and development of the pie shaped pattern
Este site é hospedado pela Rede Comunitária de Vancouver
Lemas e provérbios: Seguir o caminho de menos resistência
faz todos os rios e alguns homens curvarem-se.